We are launching our Woods for the Shires campaign soon – the aim is to establish a new woodland in every one of the historic English counties, which are listed below.
To make this happen, we need to find a Branch Manager for every county. These people will help us identify plots of land for creating new woodlands, plan the wood and co-ordinate groups of volunteers to plant and manage the growing woodland.
To help you with these efforts, Woods for the Trees will give you the following:
- The Little Book of Planting Trees by Max Adams
- A Woods for the Trees t-shirt and other goodies
- Native tree seeds to get your plantation kick-started
- Free start-up and planning advice
- Free training in tree planting and woodland management – online or in person
- Your own page on our website, so that volunteers can find you and you can share your progress.
Our first Branch Manager is Stephen Benaim of Middlesex – please see his page and decide whether you’d like to be Branch Manager for your county!
The historic counties of England are:
- Yorkshire – East Riding
- Yorkshire – North Riding
- Yorkshire – West Riding
If your county is not linked in the above list, that means we don’t have a Branch Manager yet. So, if you’d like to sign up, please use our contact form.