Our contact details
Name: Woods for the Trees
Address: 21 Broughton Road, London W13 8QW
Phone Number: 07305 357985
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Your interests regarding trees, woodlands and volunteering
- Your t-shirt size
- Any medical conditions we should know about you when you are volunteering
- Emergency contact details.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- So that we contact you
- So that we can send you news and information
- So that we can deliver goods to you
- So that we can connect with you on social media
- So that we can invite you to training, both online and offline.
- So that we can make sure that you are safe when on site.
We also receive personal information indirectly, from the following sources in the following scenarios:
- From your social media profile
- From people you know, who think you would be interested in us (we will confirm your interest before storing your data).
We use the information that you have given us in order to remain in contact with you, until you inform us that you no longer wish us to do so. We will share this information with no other organisations or individuals.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com.
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
(d) We have a vital interest.
(e) We need it to perform a public task.
(f) We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Your information is securely stored in a secure database that only the directors of Woods for the Trees can access.
We keep your personal information until you ask for it to be removed from our database. We will then dispose of your information by deleting your record from our database.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at:
Woods for the Trees
21 Broughton Road
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk