Coming soon is a series of in-depth webinars to help you create and manage new woodlands.
Intro to planning a new native woodland: visions and practicalities
- Finding and evaluating land: size, cost, location
- Deciding what and how to plant
- Grants and costs
- Information and resources
- Pitfalls and roadblocks
Intro to planting, maintaining and managing a new native woodland from scratch
- How trees work
- How soil and land work
- Planting methods, tools, protection and labour
- Long term management
Introduction to Britain’s native trees: what, why, where to plant
- What is a native tree?
- Deciduous and coniferous; hardwood and softwood basics
- Woodland trees and their behaviour and needs
- Woodland ecologies
- Soils, climate change, drainage and resilience
What shall we do with all the trees? – how to make native woodlands productive for resources, wildlife and people
- What is a native woodland?
- Introduction to social ecology
- Traditional woodland management
- Alternatives: an introduction to forest gardening
- Products, markets, value and society
Please use the comments below to register your interest. We’ll add them to our Eventbrite page as soon as we’re ready.